Monday, August 24, 2009

Birthday cake

Instead of buying a birthday cake for daddy, kids & I decided to bake one. They stood on stools at the kitchen counter, following my instructions.


Sift the flour; beat the butter & caster sugar; beat in the eggs; pour in the evaporated milk & vanilla extract.. then fold in the flour.


Mission completed !!
Happy Birthday daddy !
This is my first attempt at baking & I never thought I could come up with something presentable.. & EDIBLE. The kids have inspired me, their excitment & laughter makes me want to do it again. AND I've learnt to look beyond the mess & embrace the opportunity to teach my kids invaluable skills.
Thank you Janet for the recipe & Elsie for the tips/advices !!

1 comment:

Mummy Kless said...

Ya it's true.. sometimes to let our kids have fun, we have to endure the tiredness and the messyness! But I bet they totally enjoyed themselves! =D

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker