Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Letters k & a

I've been teaching Kayla to write her name and we started with letters k and a. I realised she has pretty weak control of the strokes and after practising for a while, she got a little impatient with the letter k.

So we started practising on letter a instead. But she drew an Oval and called it "Egg". Good! I quickly jumped in and asked her to add a tail to it (idea fr my sis) and she did (see pic. no.1). Then I showed her a "vertical tail" and she followed. Finally she could write letter a (pic no.4).



She even drew a heart for me! Awww..



Anyway, I just found out that first writings should start with vertical & horizontal strokes. That means this blur mummy has skipped a step! No wonder Kayla was struggling with her writings. Will look for pre-writing books this week!

Thanks cousin Jan!!

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker