Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sleepless in Hougang


Just when I thought Kayla was on the way to recovery, she developed a high fever (temp. 39) at 10pm, last night. Temperature continued to go up at 12am. No choice, I had to use the insert to try to bring it down. She was shivering so I hugged her to sleep. You can imagine how my painful my heart was..

We took turns to sponge her and the temp. dipped slightly. At 3.30am, it went up again to 39. We couldn do anything but to continue with the sponging & giving her sips of cold water.

Then Kieran woke up for his milk & refused to sleep till 5.30am!

Finally managed to catch some sleep at 6am. At 730am, my mum woke me up. Kayla's temp was at 40! Daddy & I quickly brought her to TMC to see Dr Ong. As the appointments were full, we had to wait. One of the nurses told us "fever is not considered as an emergency.. so no priority".. SO ANGRY! Luckily, her fever had subsided & we didnt have to wait for long to see doc.

By the time we reached home, had our lunch & settled down, it was about 2pm. I was both physically & emotionally drained.. Mum, Kayla & I managed to catch a good long nap.. while daddy jagar Kieran. How sweet..

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker