Sunday, February 3, 2008

What a week!

Busy week.. other than my usual morning routine- bring Kayla to school and hang around in school for 2 hrs, I had to run some errands and last minute CNY shopping.

Yesterday I brought Kayla to heartland mall. Well, as usual she asked to ride in the barney car. There was this bunch of kids jumping in and out of the car. Their father was standing nearby. I took out a coin and looked at their father.. he quickly carried the youngest child and grabbed the other 2 kids out of the car. When I was helping Kayla to get in the car, the older child pounced on the windscreen and waited happily for me to put the coin in. OMG!! Ok nevermind, I am in the festive mood so let him be. Then this little rascal one minute jumped next to Kayla, next minute hopped to the back of the car like a spiderman! I was so irritated! ARRGGHHHH!

Today had a little debate with sicko ricko. He told me I need to let go and let Kayla learn to be on her own in school. I explained that I will but I cannot just disappear suddenly. Anyone who know her well, will know that she has stranger aniexty and her heart wrenching crying.. cannot imagine if I just walk away. I told him I will adopt what her teacher advised.. that is to leave the class for 15mins for a few days.. then 30mins.. then 1hr etc. Case closed.

Then I told him about Kayla knowing how to ask for the things she wants.. like that day I brought her shopping to buy a new water bottle, she picked one that is meant to store cold drinks only and she said "same as my school friend".. I said no, Mummy will buy a Dora non spill/leak straw bottle (like the previous one but different colour and picture). Upon hearing this, sicko ricko started to "nag".. said why I "force" her to like the things I like. I told him I am just being practical... if the things she asks for are not useful, why waste money? Anyway, he bought a toy ironing set for her from kiddy palace..maybe he heartpain she didnt get to buy her "dream bottle". Ha ha.

Kayla's favourite teacher, Huang lao shi.

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker